Nowadays screen recording activity playing a major role when we come to creating tutorials and educational videos for people. But it becomes difficult to record screen while screen running without a specific application i.e. the right screen recording software.
Best Free Screen Recording Software for Windows OS
Here we discussed to give you a list of the top & best screen recording software for Windows PC or Laptop. You will get an excellent guide from the following list of applications. Let us go through the list of the 6 best screen recording software for Windows PC or Laptop:
Note: I tried these screen recording software on my DELL laptop running Windows 7 and they all worked as you’d expect them to. Most of the screen recorder apps are free, while some have free versions and free trials.
#1. OBS Studio (Free)
High-quality screen recording? and Multi-platform streaming? Check and also Pro level editing and control tools? Check. Yes, OBS Studio is one of the most decked out screen recording software in the domain. It carries a great set of video editing tools, which helps us while creating a wonderful video editing.
- It supports High-performance and real-time video/audio mixing.
- You can create from multiple sources including window captures, images, text, browser windows and more.
- Through these, you can set up an unlimited number of scenes and also switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- It has powerful and easy configuration options like Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties.
- You access to a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect of your recording with Streamlined Settings panel.
- The modular Dock UI allows you to re-arrange the layout exactly as you like.
Download OBS Studio(Free)
#2. Active Presenter (Free Version Available)
Active Presenter is a one of the best screen recording software for those who want to create content like software tutorials and training videos. Apart from that, Active Presenter is quite easy to use with an easily navigable UI and edit the captured screenshots and videos.
- The full-motion record screen provides you further editing with annotations and animation effects.
- It supports to record audio from microphone simultaneously while recording screen.
- You can record screen and webcam at the same time or record webcam videos separately, everything depends on your need.
- You can edit audio & video without quality loss.
- Make polished and high-quality screencast videos.
- It supports to draw custom vector shapes.
- Designed for fully-responsive.
#3 Icecream Screen Recorder (Free Version Available)
The Icecream Screen Recorder is one of the more capable screen recording software, that provides a clean user interface and rich inbuilt tools that enable users easily control variables like aspect ratio, video resolution, and audio among others.
- Area selection: Select the area of your screen that you’d like to take a screenshot of or make a video of in a single click.
- Tthe drawing panel enables you to add arrows or text to your screenshot or video.
- It supports to add own watermark.
- Record webcam video along with the screen recording.
- You can select the output video quality
- You can improve your tutorial with our screen recorder Graphically.