Lot’s of rumors goes virally on social media & WhatsApp, some of the rumor
- Facebook’s Aadhaar prompt was meant to check fake accounts
- Must Link your Aadhar Card No to Facebook Account if not your FB will be deleted..!
- Only New Facebook Users must Attatch your aadhar no to facebook
- For New Facebook Registration / SignUP must required Aadhar No..,
Facebook Aadhaar Link – Not Mandatory Clarifies Facebook
Coming to Reality Facebook on December 27 2017 Released a statement on FB News Room regarding Facebook Aadhar Link Rumors
We are not collecting Aadhaar data and do not require people to enter their Aadhaar name when they sign up to Facebook.
There have been a number of reports about a small test we ran in India to help new users sign up to Facebook.
Some have interpreted this test as a request for people’s Aadhaar information when you sign up for a Facebook account.This is not correct. The test, which has now finished, merely includes additional language on the account sign-up page to explain that using their Aadhaar name will help family and friends recognize them.
The goal of this test was to help new users understand how to sign up to Facebook with their real name and connect with their friends and family.
At the point of account sign-up, users who were part of the test saw language that said,
“using the name on your Aadhaar card makes it easier for friends to recognize you.”
This is an optional prompt that we were testing.
People were not required to enter the name on their Aadhaar card, and there is no integration or authentication with Aadhaar.
This is what the test looked like, compared to our usual sign-up On Mobile devices
Data & PIC Credits – FB News Room
This Kind of Test not seen on regular PC / Desktop – Taken on 29/12/2017
Facebook Users Overview
- Facebook users from 2008 to 2017. As of the third quarter of 2017, Facebook had 2.07 billion monthly active users.
- In the third quarter of 2012, the number of active Facebook users had surpassed 1 billion by Statista Report.
- Facebook-owned WhatsApp Messenger is a freeware and cross-platform instant messaging and Voice over IP (VoIP) service has audience amounted to 18.8 million users in 2016 and is set to grow to 25.6 million users 2021. report by Statista.
Any Edits / Errors are Modified, Comment Below & Share Your Knowledge..!